Valgus deformity is a serious disease expressed in the distortion of the metatarsophalangeal joint: the thumb of the patient deviates significantly in the direction that leads to disorders of gait, pain and other unpleasant consequences.
Women are more prone to hallux valgus or the formation of so-called "bunions" on her feet. Are based them more weak ligamentous apparatus, in addition, they love to wear shoes with a high heel, which increases the risk of starting the progression of the pathological process.
To better understand the way to cure and correct valgus deformity of the foot, leave the reasons, the characteristics of the disease and give advice on the selection of therapy for patients with this diagnosis.
Treatment of valgus curvature of the foot is chosen by the doctor individually: take into account the cause, the neglect of the disease, the degree of deformation and the presence of characteristic symptoms.
Traditional therapy includes:
- Therapeutic massage, as a therapy without surgery. Especially effective for children, the feet are easier to level with the help of special massage movements.
- Exercises. The physical therapy course will give the effect in the initial phases of the disease. In practice, this type of exercises the patient at home.
- Treatment of folk ways. The solutions can't cure completely the problem, however, when intelligently chosen course of treatment popular recipes will be effective to eliminate the inflammation, the swelling and the pain.
- Correction with laser is practiced in more advanced cases with significant irregularities in the functions of the ligamentous apparatus.
- Touching and kinesiotherapy with valgus distortion occurs to the alignment of the deformed parts of bones.
How to develop a foot on his distortion? Not in all cases possible to carry out massage and physical therapy. To decide how to treat and to restore the deformed foot needs a doctor, because self-treatment may only worsen the patient's condition.
Valgus foot deformity in children and adults can occur for a variety of reasons:
- Walk plan. It is more than half of all patients with deformity. This files most often diagnosed transverse to the foot plan, that quickly leads to dysfunction of the ligaments and displacement of bones.
- Progressive osteoporosis. The disease causes the leaching of calcium from bone tissue, which leads to changes in its structure, so that the foot can be deviation.
- Weight. In the feet, is a very large daily load (especially when running). The patient gradually developed a walk plan, and after the deformation.
- The genetic predisposition. It is expressed in a weakness of ligamentous apparatus of the man. In this condition the risk of developing curvature of the foot - is very high.
- Before the trauma, which interfere with the function of the muscles and ligaments. Dangerous are bone fractures because of improper fusion for a few months of stop, the patient may have significant curvature.
- Severe disorders endocrine. In this state, there are sharp jumps in the hormonal levels during pregnancy and menopause in women, the progression of serious endocrine diseases (diabetes).
- The use of mismatched shoes. Especially dangerous narrow high-heel shoes, because of uneven distribution of the load on the foot, causing all your weight rests on the big toe joint, leading to its deformation.
- A serious shortage of minerals useful, since the muscles, ligaments, and bone tissue is not getting enough "recharge." This leads to its weakening, contributes to the development of the curvature.
Neuromuscular junction diseases that increase the risk of developing the curvature of the foot:
- down syndrome;
- running a form of arthritis and its variants (rheumatoid arthritis, etc.);
- the paralysis.
Increased risk - men who regularly have their feet more physical effort (dancers, models, athletes, etc.). The number of diagnose deformations increases significantly in the elderly.
If you suspect that the curvature of the foot, the man needs to turn to the doctor. Deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the disease orthopedist and traumatologist. In more advanced cases the patient may need a surgeon and an endocrinologist.
Footwear with a deformity
For the correction of the foot in its distortion it is recommended to use special orthopedic shoes for children and adults, and templates. Its advantages are:
- The uniform distribution provided by the load.
- Revitalize tired feet.
- Improves circulation of the blood.
- The fixation of the thumb in the correct position (especially effective to use special orthopedic fixators - tires, and tires).
What footwear need to in the distortion of the foot? Features correct selection of shoes:
- The shoes should be accurate in size, in any case, do not press the person deformed big toe joint.
- Heel shoes for everyday use must not be more than 3 cm for women and 2 cm for men.
- Orthopedic shoes should be made of quality materials. It is desirable that it was skin. In marked distortion of the foot, the patient may be difficult to find shoes in the stores. Experts recommend to do it in the orthopedist of the individual in the rules.
- The shoes should have a comfortable wide heel and solid rear tabs that would be well to fix a heel.
If a person is overweight or suffers from a pronounced flat feet, to the shoes, you need to invest in orthotics. They must also be made individually.
The wear of these elements on a daily basis. The only way to get improvements, spread evenly exerted on the leg load.
The manifestation of the pathology
The symptom of the disease - a deviation abnormal big toe. In the transition of the disease in advanced forms of the deformation and flow capable of hitting the other fingers of the foot.
- The formation of "bone" in the foot in the area of the phalange of the big toe joint. While walking this education will prevent the person. Slowly it will become swollen, red. At the slightest touch to the bone of the people will begin to experience severe pain, burning.
- The fever advanced stages of the disease when the deformations caused by an inflammatory process.
- Education cornflowers.
- Frequent fatigue feet.
- Swelling of the feet and legs.
- A manifestation of varicose veins.
- Growth of nails.
The disease develops gradually. First, the patients suffer from problems with the selection of shoes in his feet appear the first pain. If therapy is not initiated, the disease begins to progress more, threatening dangerous complications:
- the development of osteomyelitis;
- the progression of the bursitis chronic, which often takes the festering flow;
- the infection in the deformed region;
- pronounced curvature, which significantly complicates the movement.
The detection of the disease
For accurate diagnosis the patient should undergo the following diagnostic procedures:
- The x-rays. The doctor may prescribe taking pictures in three different projections with the aim of studying in detail the structure, the degree of curvature.
- Ultrasounddiagnosis is assigned when severe injuries of the soft tissues.
- Computer podometry. Allows you to evaluate the changes, even in those stages in which the disease does not cause symptoms.
- CT. It is assigned for the differentiation of the deformity of other possible diseases.
The doctor should examine the patient. The stages:
- Palpation to determine the degree of curvature, edema, redness.
- Identification of the position of the big toe towards the other toes.
- Observation of walking of a person, the determination of the degree of lameness.
To provide an overall clinical picture, the podiatrist asks the patient about the symptoms, the presence of chronic diseases, and previous injuries.
Valgus deformity of the big toe
It is much easier to avoid PLANO-valgus deformation, rather than their treatment by exercise and other methods. Prevention implies adherence to these recommendations of the experts:
- To abandon the excessive load physical on the legs.
- To control your weight, avoid obesity, when excess weight puts on the musculoskeletal system of man additional load.
- Children who from birth was to establish the deformity of the foot, need to wear orthotics and, if necessary, to use special markers (locks) 1 finger.
- The woman it is advisable to abandon the use of uncomfortable shoes very high heels. For daily use suitable footwear on a high platform or shoes orthopedic with the best soles.
- It is important to promptly identify and treat any hormonal imbalance in the body.
- Practice preventive sports (running, swimming, gymnastics).It is useful to perform daily morning exercises, both for children and adults.
- Enrich your diet with nutrients to strengthen the bones and ligaments.
- Very useful often walk home barefoot. Prohibit to move in a single socks kids also worth.
- If you still need to take frequent rest breaks.
Valgus deformity and other acquired curvature of the foot for the classification of MBK 10 have room M21.
In marked inflammatory process severe pain patients assigned to medical therapy:
- Nsaids are prescribed for the relief of pain, inflammation. These drugs may be in the form of ointments, gels or tablets (Ibuprofen, Diclofenac).
- Antipyretics are appointed to high temperature (Paracetamol).
- Analgesics are used for pain (Ibuprofen, Pepto).
- During the exacerbation of the disease can be managed with intraarticular injections of drugs (Hydrocortisone, Diprospan, etc.).
For quick pain relief you can apply cold compresses.