In the process of life in humans, often appear a variety of foot deformities. Usually we used to see the drop – the projection of the bone of the thumb but not the least drop threat, and a deformation – valgus foot. To ignore it is problematic if the valgus is not innate, and was acquired at a Ripe old age. However, hallux valgus patients threatened with development of serious pathology, so it is best to diagnose as early as possible and immediately start the treatment.
Hallux valgus flat foot is one of the most frequent diseases encountered in orthopedics. She resists varus deformity when the foot is twisted outward. These defects of the foot causing the characteristic x-shaped, or in the form of the limbs.
The reason is that valgus is widespread among children and among adults. Is a leader in deformities of the feet, which is not only a default aesthetic. Valgus alone can have serious consequences for the patient suffering from this deviation. In the adult, except for valgus limbs, generally curved, and the toe of the foot. He leaned to the side, and the bone that sticks out considerably. In addition, PLANO - valgus installation stop combined with the following:
Planovalgus foot is predominantly found in women of more than thirty years. This feature stems from the fact that in women the ligaments of the joints are weaker than men, so that your plants are more prone to various deformations. An additional factor is the appearance of valgus and leads high-heel shoes.
HELP. The development of the disease is slow, so that it is very difficult to say when he appeared the disease and that the cause was due.
Hallux valgus in adults occurs due to the following reasons:
In addition to these reasons, directly leading to the development of valgus of the foot, predisposing factors and disease neuromuscular. These include gout, rheumatoid arthritis, down syndrome, paralysis. It should be noted, also, that the valgus setting a stop can be a professional default. He's prone to athletes, models, dancers. In recent years, doctors started to register valgus in the elderly.
Valgus deformity of the foot in the initial phase of the disease, patients may not egritudo because they do not look at the foot and I don't know what can happen. Notice the change already at a late stage, when the arch of the foot becomes visually complanatis.
The appearance of "bones" is a characteristic sign of hallux valgus
In the transition of the disease in the progressive stage of noticing the defect becomes easier. Valguse if you experience the following symptoms:
IMPORTANT! The disease progresses slowly, so patients do not apply for help at the right time. Even the pain in the legs is written off to fatigue, although this is a clear sign of the appearance of the deformity.</ blockquote >
If not timely to go to the clinic, Hallux valgus curvature to face not only the pain, but also the appearance of serious pathologies:
- the progression of the inflammation of the synovial bags, and by moving it to the purulent stage;
- the penetration of the infection in the area that is deformed, and advances in the inflammatory process;
- even greater bending of the legs, which can lead to the loss of functionality of the lower limbs.
Hallux valgus can have varying degrees of severity, which determine further tactics of treatment. In the first degree of the angle of curvature is 15 degrees. This pathology is not considered a complicated therapy, so that this type of deformity can be treated conservatively. The primary care of patients of different exercises of physical therapy, gymnastics, hardening, physical therapy. Sample wearing shoes orthopedic.
Second degree strain – a curvature from fifteen to thirty-five degrees. Here we propose a more complex treatment, as the disease has affected the circulation, alters the metabolism, as well as a persistent pain syndrome. The treatment consists of therapy, physiotherapy, as well as the use of drugs (predominantly symptomatic drugs). If it is impossible to achieve positive dynamics recommended the surgical treatment.
A third degree of development of the pathology – a curvature of more than thirty-five degrees. In this form of the disease, surgery is indicated. If time does not resort to the surgery, the disease can cause serious deterioration functional in the extremities.
To diagnose the disease should go to a clinic and go through a few studies:
- radiography is most informative and the most budget form of study, where you can see the position of the bone elements that form the arch of the foot. In the image at different projections of the doctors will receive a very informative image and it can be diagnosed with varus deformity;
- ultrasound – this type of diagnosis is primarily prescribed for the assessment of the soft tissues that are also affected when the curvature of the foot;
- podometry – a special kind of diagnosis where the patient is receiving feet on the glass surface, and the computer processes the impressions of the soles of his feet. This type of diagnosis is the most accurate method to describe the parameters of the disease and the diagnosis that in a first phase;
- Computed tomography – in general for the diagnosis of valgus is rare, but used when needed to differentiate one disease from another, if the symptoms are similar (gout, arthrosis deformans).
Early detection treatment of hallux valgus possible conservative methods. In addition to the special shoes, orthopedics requires the active use of physiotherapy. Exercises aimed at the formation of correct arch of the foot, strengthen the tendon and ligament, prevention of joint pathologies.
In hallux valgus patients are recommended special exercises with trainers
If conservative treatment of a man accompanied by a strong pain and discomfort, doctors recommend you pain killers. At the same time in physiotherapy.
If the disease is neglected and the deformation of the foot has reached the second or third grade, in this case, the patient can help only operation. In the pathology of first degree of patients spend only to the elimination of bumps on the big toe, but the foot doctors don't penetrate. A disease that is progressive of the second degree, requires the fixation of the bone elements of special screws, which are installed in the stop. As soon as a patient is not the desired shape curvature of the arch, the patients coming from other designs of get rid of'.
In the third degree is also a surgical intervention, but the roof doctor has to do with two screws instead of one. After the surgery, the patient a little bit of time to not go. Later, the patients move, not based on the limb operated. Full load on the foot can be given in a month.HELP. Full of limbs, will be restored in a year, but thirty percent of patients relapse. For its prevention, it is very important to follow all the recommendations of the doctor.</ blockquote >
After the success of the treatment, patients must meet the measures of prevention. Again, it is very important to avoid the development of these factors that led to the hallux valgus foot. For prevention, we recommend:
- the wear and tear of the shoes on a small heel, combined with bring comfortable shoes without heels;
- patients are encouraged to walk through the sand, pebbles with bare feet – this will help activate the circulation of the blood in the lower extremities;
- usually it is recommended a visit to the podiatrist and going podometre – with timely diagnosis deviation is easier to treat;
- if the doctor will recommend insoles, don't forget to use them, will help properly distribute the load on the foot, and slight deformation and to cure the disease.
Correction with shoes
If, in a first stage, the early detection of the disease, in the majority of cases, can be corrected with shoes orthopedic. And patients because of their occupation are not configured for the surgery and prefer conservative methods of treatment of the flat curvaturae. If it is possible, this type of treatment from doctors to start with the selection of the right shoes.
Shoes for people with hallux valgus curvature of the foot has the following characteristics:
- when used, the load on the foot is distributed evenly;
- aktiviziruyutsya circulation in tarso, the unique;
- with the boards alleviates the fatigue;
- the first finger is fixed in a position, that does not go with the arch of the foot to the side.
Special orthotics can help to create the right arch of the foot
When choosing shoes for orthopedic patients, doctors, guided by the following parameters:
Wearing special shoes can help to eliminate valgus of the foot, however, shoes used quite a long time, so that patients do not have to hope for the fast dynamics positive. Hallux valgus in adults is in the majority of cases of disease acquired. To avoid becoming a victim valgus, it is necessary to observe all measures of prevention, but if the default is that there is already, therefore, all the efforts in a first phase, which can be eliminated with conservative methods of treatment.24.08.2018